How to Unlock iPhone 2G
iPhone 2G is the original iPhone that came out in 2007. The latest firmware version is 3.1.3. And Apple discontinued support for the iPhone in any future iPhone firmware versions. This means that your iPhone 2G can be unlocked forever. Below are step-by-step guide to unlock your iPhone 2G OS version 3.1.3
- Download iPhone 2G OS 3.1.3 firmware and save it to desktop
- Start iPhone in DFU mode (Watch instruction video here to enter DFU mode).
- Restore iPhone to 3.1.3 firmware in iTunes.
- Download iPhone 2G OS 3.1.2 firmware and save it to desktop
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.4 Windows or Mac
- Download bootloader files – bl39.bin & bl46.bin.
- Start RedSn0w and connect iPhone to computer. Follow instructions in RedSn0w to jailbreak and unlock the iPhone. Choose the 3.1.2 firmware you downloaded when it prompts you. Make sure to check Unlock if you would like to unlock the iPhone to use on other carriers.