The following is a step by step guide to root the HTC Sensation 4G from T-Mobile. I've tried it and it worked for me.
1. S-OFF the Sensation
- Boot to hboot by pressing volume down and power button at the same time. It will show whether it's S-ON or S-OFF on the first time. If it's S-OFF, go to step 2. It also shows the hboot version. Note it as well.
- Visit revolutionary.io. Download the revolutionary.exe and get the beta key from the website. Run the application and follow instruction to S-OFF the phone
2. Install ClockworkMod Recovery
- Download the recovery from here.
- Copy the PG58IMG file into the root folder of the SD card.
- Boot to hboot and accept the update when it prompts so.
- Reboot the phone and delete the PG58IMG file from the SD card.
3. Permanently root the phone
- Download the root file from here.
- Copy the zip file from the SD card root folder.
- Reboot to hboot and choose recovery to start clockworkmod recovery.
- Backup the room first.
- Choose "Install zip from sdcard" select "su-184.108.40.206-efgh-signed.zip" to install
- Reboot the phone and it should be rooted
Leave a comment whether it works for you as well.