The following is a guide to unlock the Samsung Galaxy S T959 with Z3X box. I have verified the steps below on Android 2.2 (not rooted) and it worked for me. It's not easy to get it right because of lack of information available elsewhere.
- Connect AT&T Samsung Galaxy S T959 computer with USB cable
- Select T959 in the Samsung Tool 12.1 drop down
- Select the USB modem port, check Read Code(Root) and click unlock
- Now you will see the NCK key (Unlock code) in the console after it's done
- Reboot the phone with non-tmobile sim card. Enter the unlock code when prompted
- Congratulations, now you have just unlocked your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S T959 !
Does it work for you? Please leave a comment if this helped you unlock your phone.