- Note the iPhone firmware version that you have before you reset the phone. For example, iOS 4.0.
- Download the corresponding firmware for your iPhone model from here
- Edit the windows host file located in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts". Added the following line:
- Connect the iPhone to the computer. Make sure the battery is charged. Turn off the iPhone. If you cannot turn it off, try hold home button + power button together for a few seconds. Release both buttons as soon as it's turned off. Otherwise the phone will boot up again.
- Start iTunes. Enter DFU mode.
Watch instruction video here
- Hold shift and click restore in iTunes. Choose the firmware you just downloaded and restore to the firmware version.
- After restore is complete. You can attempt to re-jailbreak and re-unlock your iPhone
- You can try the same steps for resurrecting your iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4. However, the restore will only work when you have shsh saved.